Utah Farm Bureau Federation
Position Announcement- Sandy, Utah
To assist the county Farm Bureau Leaders in developing and carrying out a Farm Bureau program that will help members maintain a strong, effective organization, which will meet their needs and to promote the philosophy, policies and basic concepts of the County, State and National Farm Bureau Organizations.
The Chief Operating Officer
- Provide continual leadership in improving the strength, effectiveness and prestige of the organization.
- Work with the County Farm Bureau leadership in planning, developing and implementing an effective county, state and national program.
- Manage an effective annual membership growth campaign in the region.
- Assist in the planning and setting up of county and regional leadership meetings.
- Develop and train new and existing Farm Bureau leadership.
- Serve as a resource person to the County Farm Bureaus in problem solving, policy development and implementation.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with other organizations, governmental agencies, and other community and industry groups.
- Communicate and work with Farm Bureau staff establishing a team effort for the success of the organization.
- Attend day and night meetings and activities with some overnight travel.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Self-motivated with organizational, negotiation, and human relation skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid UT driver’s license and be able to travel in assigned area and throughout the state to fulfill duties of the job.
- This job requires physical strength and stamina.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience in agricultural related field.
Salary range for this position is $55,000 - $62,000 per year, based on experience. UFBF offers a 401(k) program and health benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Emily.Greene@fbfs.com The deadline for applications is October 9, 2020.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the major functions and characteristics of this job. It is not intended to describe all functions or responsibilities, which may be assigned to the incumbent employee. It is always within the right to add, delete from or further modify this job description at any time. This document is not to be construed as an employment contract of any type.
Want more news on this topic? Utah Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!