The Women's Leadership Program
- Fosters Leadership Development by proving opportunities for farm and ranch women to hone their communication, presentation, working with the media, and organization skills. Farm Bureau women are leaders in their communities, state and nation.
- Promotes Ag Education - volunteers visit local schools and share their real life experiences in agriculture, read accurate Ag books, and provide teachers with classroom resources developed through USU's
Agriculture in the Classroom Program. Volunteers also organize Farm Field Days bringing elementary aged students on to the farm for a day to experience the farm first hand.
- Communicates the Ag Story as Farm Bureau women help Utahns better understand the importance of agriculture through
Our Food Link activities (
Our Food Link Planning Kit) effectively reaching consumers of all ages and backgrounds with information about today's agriculture.
- Encourages Political Involvement through participation in
FBACT, County Spring Issues Surfacing Meetings, Commodity Committees, surfacing candidates for public office, building coalitions outside Farm Bureau, and building relationships with commissioners and state and federal legislators and identifying issues at the grassroots level and working to implement policy through the Legislature and Congress.
For the County Chair Directory click HERE For the Short Story Contest Brochure click HERE
For the Video Contest Brochure click HERE For information on Quilt of the Counties click HERE
For the Women's Leadership Award of Excellence application click HERE
For the Women's Advocate for Agriculture Volunteer Award Application click HERE
For the County Food Link Report Form click HERE For the Legacy Grant Application click HERE
For the Share a Book Online Survey click HERE - don't forget to click the "save" button before you close the page.
Southwest Farm Mom of the Year
Congratulations to Becca Ferry, Monsanto's 2017 Southwestern Farm Mom of the Year!
County Women's Chairs Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a county "Program of Work" based on the goals of the State Women's 'Program of Work' and approved by the County Farm Bureau's Board of Directors. Click
HERE to sample the State Women's Committee 'Program of Work.'
- To stimulate the interest and enthusiasm of Farm Bureau Women in the total program of the organization, including the following: "Our Food Link", Farm Field Day(s), Creative Story/Video Contests, Share a Book activities, Teacher of the Year Award, and Ag In The Classroom (AITC) fundraisers.
- To suggest projects and activities that will provide opportunities for County Farm Bureau Women to participate in the County Farm Bureau program and thereby develop leadership skills.
- To attend and encourage County Farm Bureau women to attend the Women’s Leadership Conference, Midyear Conference, and Annual Convention.
- Promote the high ideals and standards of the organization which include accountability, credibility, patriotism, strong homes and families, free enterprise, spiritual values and fiscal conservatism.
Directory- State Women's Committee