5 Insurance Discounts to Ask Your Agent About
These days, many people are looking for ways to save money. At Farm Bureau Financial Services, there are many ways you may be able to lower your insurance costs and make a bit more room in your budget. Here are five areas of our insurance that have discounts to ask your local Farm Bureau agent about today.
Auto Insurance Discounts
There are several auto insurance discounts that may be available to you. Drivers of all ages in your home may be able to earn good driver discounts. With , the safer you drive, the more you save. Immediately upon enrolling, you will earn a 10 percent discount and can earn as much as 50 percent for your safe driving.1
Our Young Driver Safety Program gives your young driver the chance to build skill and confidence behind the wheel and the potential to lower your car insurance payment. Those who complete our Young Driver Safety program and are under the age of 25 are eligible to earn our Safe Young Driver discount as well.2
Additionally, your smart student can help you save. For your full-time students who maintain a good grade point average, we have a discount for that. Our Good Student Discount rewards your child for prioritizing school. For safe drivers who also do well in school, the savings can add up.
Did you know that where you live and how you drive goes into determining your insurance rate? Even with these factors, there are ways you can lower your costs. Whether you’re buying a new vehicle, adding a new driver to your policy or simply wondering how to get discounts on car insurance, your local Farm Bureau agent can provide you with a quote based on vehicle type.
The type of car you drive matters. Consider purchasing a car that is less expensive to insure which can indicate a safer vehicle.
Homeowners Insurance Discounts
There are safety tips for your home that can help keep you protected. Did you know also that there are homeowners insurance discounts for keeping your home up-to-date in safety features? Keeping your home safe may mean having a protective security system or installing a new roof that is more fire and weather resistant. In addition to our protective device discount and our new roof discount, here are a few ways to make safe upgrades to your home that may help save you from a disaster.
- Use a Home Security System: A home security system is one way to deter burglars and keep your home and family safe. Smart home devices can help secure your home by allowing you to program alarms, access video doorbells or detect maintenance issues remotely via your smartphone.
- Have a Fire Safety Plan: You likely have smoke detectors in your home, but have you tested them lately to ensure they are fully functional? Test your smoke alarms at least once a month and replace batteries periodically. It’s also a good idea to create an emergency fire escape plan and practice it with your family so everyone knows what to do in the event of a fire.
- Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector: While inspecting the fire alarms in your home, consider installing a carbon monoxide detector and adding that to your routine checks. Carbon monoxide is often referred to as a silent killer and can be deadly if undetected.
- Eliminate Hazards: Walk through your house and identify places where trips and falls are likely — loose rugs or wires, steep or poorly lit staircases. Take the time to eliminate these hazards.
Farm and Ranch Insurance Discounts
We believe strong working relationships should be rewarded. When you protect your operation with Farm Bureau, you could be eligible for our Ag Advantage and Ag + Rewards discounts, both of which can continue to grow over time.
- Ag Advantage: You can qualify for a premium discount when you write your farm or ranch policy with us.
- Ag + Rewards: The more you add, the more you get rewarded. Add auto coverage to your existing ag policy to earn a discount. Add umbrella coverage and you could save even more.
Bundling your home and auto insurance into one policy with Farm Bureau’s Member’s Choice is another way you may be able to save money.
Additionally, with our one deductible advantage, you pay just one deductible for all covered possessions that are damaged in the same loss, when insured on a single policy.
Paid in Full Discount
Whether you’re paying for coverage in one area of your life or bundling multiple together, you can save money based on how you pay. If you pay your annual policy premium in one payment for your property, or vehicles or both, you can lower your overall cost than it would be by paying monthly.
Your Farm Bureau agent can give you a cost breakdown of how much you can save by choosing the paid in full discount. Additionally, ask your agent about new payment enhancements available for a wider variety of payment options.
Here to Help
In a time when many are looking for ways to save, don’t be afraid to ask what you might be missing. There’s no better time than now to set up a SuperCheck® with your local Farm Bureau agent to evaluate your current coverage and see if there are additional ways you can save money. Call them to get together today!
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!