Advocate for Agriculture Award
Nominate a Farm Bureau woman who is making a difference in agriculture! The Advocate for Agriculture Award is designed to recognize volunteers who are making an impact in Farm Bureau and in agriculture. Nominations are due by November 1 each year.
This recognition awards $500 to the winner and $100 to each of two runners up.
- Applicants may be nominated by another member of Utah Farm Bureau.
- Applications will be scored by an independent judging panel comprised of individuals familiar with agriculture, agriculture education and the Farm Bureau Women's Leadership program.
- Applications may include pictures.
- Complete the nomination form HERE.
Applicants are not required to participate, nor will they be measured by, participation in all the activities listed below. These serve only as examples.
- Agriculture Education [Ag in the Classroom, Our Food Link, etc.]
- Fundraising for Agriculture [Miracle of Agriculture Foundation]
- Recruiting New Members
- Serving on County, State, or National Boards
- Networking with Legislators or County Elected Officials
- Running for Public Office
- Testifying on Ag Issues--County, State, or National
- Advocating on Social Media Channels
- Writing Op-ed Articles for Publications
- Media Interviews or Working with the Media
- Policy Advocacy [Day on the Hill, Washington D.C. Trip]
- Learning to Become a More Effective Advocate [Attending Women's Leadership ACE Summit, AFBF Convention, UFBF Convention, AFBF Fusion Conferences, etc.]
- Leadership Development
- Mentoring New Volunteers
- 50%--Measurable impact of volunteer activities in county Farm Bureau and Agriculture
- 20%--Instrumental in bringing new volunteers
- 20%--Evidence of effective Women's Leadership "Program of Work" Activities
- 10%--Number of Volunteer Years of Farm Bureau Service
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!