Bright Ideas for Ag Promotion
The State Promotion Committee challenges YOU and YOUR county Farm Bureau to find ONE new way to engage with consumers this year. And to help you get started, we have created $200 grants for all counties who want to participate!
Criteria for the grant:
- Target Audience(s): Elementary, High School, College, or Adults
- Submit a written event plan with goals
- Submit an event summary with results
- Submit pictures of the event
- Event must be completed by December 31, 2019
- Qualifying activities or events may have been done previously in your county or may be a new Ag Promotion event
Apply for a county Ag Promotion grant.
- Host an "Ask a Farmer" campaign at a local grocery store.
- Plant a community garden.
- Work with your local historical society to do a then and now agricultural exhibit.
- Conduct a Facebook live video on a tractor during planting.
- Gather a group of farmers to glean produce for a local food bank.
- Create a garden club with the local senior center.
- Work with your local library to make an "accurate agriculture" book nook, or summer reading program.
- Obtain new followers on your county Farm Bureau Facebook.
- Host a corn pit at a local festival or fair.
- Sell t-shirts promoting agriculture.
- Create a county Farm Bureau Snapchat.
- Provide t-shirts to county FB members who post photos of themselves on their farm.
- Share agricultural facts on your county Farm Bureau social media platforms.
- Gather canned goods or fresh produce to donate to your local food bank. (Donations typically go down during the summer, but the need is high.)
- Create a YouTube video or video series raising agriculture awareness.
Please use #utahfarmlife hashtag in all your social media posts.
Watch for more BRIGHT IDEAS coming soon!
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!