The Utah Farm Bureau Federation is a grassroots, state-wide organization dedicated to supporting farm and ranch families by giving them a voice. As Farm Bureau is a grassroots organization, we rely on member involvement to make that voice heard.
Your involvement really does make a difference. Whether it's writing a personal letter to your elected official or learning about the issues that shape each election – it has an impact. When we reach out to elected officials, we impact the decisions they make.
Your involvement can include:
- Seeking new Farm Bureau members to add strength and voice to a particular issue/concern
- Drafting and submitting letters to elected officials and government agencies
- Providing input and perspective on specific or general topic of concern
- Gathering pertinent information to assist in committee discussion
- Speaking to elected officials in public hearings
- Attending local and county government meetings to help ensure agriculture interests are heard and maintained
- Listening to county, state, and national Farm Bureau leadership and knowing when to respond and participate
- Direct other Farm Bureau members to their respective, genuine interests
- Collect data and facts to assist in researching and studying
issues pertinent to Farm Bureau